You have an important event, conference or expo coming up. It’s essential you have the right MC.
In fact, you need a great MC.
What is a great MC? One who is prepared, engaged and enthusiastic, facilitating in real time, focused, proactive and paying attention, adding extra value, and highly skilled.
If you’re looking for a great MC, look no further than Jill Chivers – the Ultimate MC.
Prepared. As the ultimate MC at your event, Jill knows the event inside out. Her preparation is thorough and extensive – she knows what the event is all about, its vision and purpose, its theme, its outcome, its audience, its speakers. She knows how the event flows from before-the-beginning to after-the-end. Jill’s clients often say she knows their events better than they do – that’s how prepared she is.
Engaged and enthusiastic. As the ultimate MC, Jill is engaged and invested in your event. She cares about its success, because it’s her success too. Jill is upbeat and enthusiastic about the event and its purpose, and represents your event as an enthusiastic ambassador and host. She’s positive, inviting, friendly and warm, helping delegates, guests and speakers feel welcome.
Facilitating in real time. As the ultimate MC with an extensive corporate facilitation background, Jill is able to provide real-time theming between the speakers and their topics. She has a finely tuned ability to synthesize disparate information, visually and verbally, to create a coherent thread that connects all the content being delivered.
Focused. As the ultimate MC, Jill notices what’s going on. She’s perceptive and tuned into the room, the audience, and the keynote speakers. She’s also paying attention to the practical and logistical details that make things run smoothly. Jill is focused exclusively and totally on the task at hand – being a great MC.
Proactive and paying attention. As the ultimate MC, Jill is proactive and makes sure she take pre-emptive action when she sees that it’s required. She doesn’t wait for things to happen then react to them – she’s paying attention to what’s going on at the event so she’s on top of things before they happen, and she’s quick to respond with what’s needed, when it’s needed.
Adding extra value. As the ultimate MC who is also an experienced presentation trainer and coach, Jill can work with less experienced presenters beforehand on the construction and composition of their keynote and their confidence and capability in delivering it.
Jill is also skilled in pre-conference preparation sessions including hosting a keynote speakers only session (in person or virtual) to create a sense of community and concordance prior to the event.
Jill is also a persuasive and skilled writer, and can craft compelling introductions (and re-work less fascinating ones) that make audiences sit on the edge of their seats, eager to hear what the speaker is about to share.
Highly skilled. Jill is highly skilled all the areas a master MC must be skilled in:
- Reading the room
Jill Chivers is not only a master MC she is the ultimate host. She draws together all the experience, skill and expertise from her corporate career to make your event as great as it can be, as its ultimate host.
Jill has extensive experience with:
- Corporate audiences – Jill understands and speaks their language, and she understands their needs. She is comfortable in front of a large crowd of professionals from high performing companies. Jill has worked with corporate audiences from finance and banking, professional services, insurance, law, higher education, government and the arts. First class firms she has worked with include Macquarie Group, KPMG, Deloitte and IBM.
- Facilitating – as an experienced and highly skilled facilitator, Jill understands the importance of reading the room, synthesizing real time information, and coordinating from behind-the-scenes. She knows that a great MC is like a great facilitator – they are there in service to the group and are not the main attraction. Jill became a certified professional facilitator through the International Association of Facilitators and is a master facilitator.
- Presenting – as a keynote speaker, Jill understands firsthand the mandate, pressures and requirements of keynote speakers. Jill is also an experienced presentation trainer and coach and is able to work with less experienced presenters to help them with the construction and composition of their keynote and their confidence and capability in delivering it.
- Performing – as a stand-up comic and regular media guest, Jill knows the place of performing and where entertaining the audience comes into the mix. Jill has this ability to draw on when required. Jill is able to improvise when required and she brings humour and warmth to her MCing – all qualities that energise delegates and participants.
- Organizing and coordinating – Jill understands how important an exceptionally well-run event is to its success. She is highly skilled in organizing and coordinating, including all the practical little details (which can have an amazing ability to upset the whole show if not taken care of) to make sure your event runs smoothly. Jill is exceptionally organized herself and brings this into her work as a master MC.
- Team work – Jill understands that no event is one person’s success – it takes an entire team to make an event great. Jill is skilled in working with all the professionals involved in your event, from the event coordinator to the AV people to the keynote presenters and VIPs.
Here’s 7 key benefits to engaging Jill as your MC.
See Jill in action in this short video.
Get in touch with Jill today to discuss your event, and to book her as your ultimate MC.